Friday, December 14, 2007

Rythm Unplugged..





In our office, after a fest, "Thomson Habba" which brought out many talents, management decided to help out employees doing something of their interest along with their regular work. So, they started forming different talent communities like Music, dance, Photography. First day, we were around 10 or 12 from two different buildings gathered in one room during lunch time. None of us would have known more than 2 people in that group. Few seemed reserved, few outgoing. As ususal, I was just one in the team. We decided to have a session on coming week each of singing in front of the group so that we can decide how to go about it. The 2nd session was really good. We did not feel as one team though. Many seemed to be in their own world.
I was on leave during Deepavali and when I came back, I got to know that in the Music community meeting, they had paired myself with Kalyani for a Classical song. Though I have learnt Carnatic music, I have lost touch now and that too what I had learnt was basic. I was not sure if I could sing a "classical number". Kalyani was new to me. Was just thinking how it will go. But, it turned out to be sooooooo nice :-).
She has learnt Classical for more than 10 years and has completed her Senior exam. She had good grip over her voice and I was wondering if its going to be fine if I sing with her - herself being so good in alap or akara and I sing classical song as a light music or Bhavageethe. Very soon, I felt comfortable learning from her and u know what.. we performed on Thursday - Thatz 6th December 2007. Everyone said our coordination was good. BTW, our band is named as "Rythm unplugged".
The launch was done during lunch hour - 1.30 PM. We were little nervous as we knew how important the "First impression" is!! We had 6 numbers including a song played on Veena. People occupied whole cafetaria and were not getting up from their seat and rest were standing and watching our program.We have other two buildings. We had got request to play in both of them.Played one and one pending for today evening.
There is one saying in Kannada which translates into "Appreciation is all an artist needs.." Yes.. that makes our day..
And.. we both sang 'Gam ganapathe namo namo' in Raga Hamsadhwani and Roopaka thala.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an awesome artist and once you have had your basics all you need is just a bit of practice. With the kind of interest that you have, you are sure to make it big....All The Best....this is only the beginning :-)

Anusha L S said...

Interesting...
You can really do well...
You look as a professional singer in photo...
Good luck for coming events...